Join us to explore the world of wire transfer frauds, focusing on red flags, mitigation techniques, and investigation strategies, to reduce exposure and losses for institutions and businesses.
This session explores:
• Online activities and cyber-incidents that expose business credentials and/or identities used to commit fraud.
• How UCC applies and significant contract provisions every participant should understand.
• Who’s to blame? Liability shifts under UCC and contract provisions.
• Wire transfer fraud mitigation strategies.
• Key components of investigation and remediation strategies.
In this session attendees will:
• Explore current wire transfer fraud trends.
• Record red-flags of possible fraud.
• Interpret proper commercially reasonable security based on case studies.
• Assess investigation and possible recourse strategies.
Rayleen M. Pirnie, AAP, CERP is the Director of Risk & Fraud at NEACH overseeing the organization’s comprehensive risk management program, advancing strategy to support both industry and member efforts to identify and mitigate fraud. With more than 20 years of experience, Rayleen is a leading expert in payments rules, compliance, risk management, fraud prevention, and security. Through leadership roles and years of research and dedication, Rayleen has developed a deep knowledge and unique skillset that allows her to deliver actionable solutions to not only financial institutions and financial service providers, but across other industry verticals as well. Rayleen is an Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) and a Certified Enterprise Risk Professional (CERP). She is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and holds a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration. She is an author and highly sought-after speaker.
Sandy Cinelli joined the NEACH team in 2015 and is the Senior Director of Education for NEACH and Senior Advisor of its subsidiary, NEACH Payments Group (NPG). Prior to joining NEACH, Sandy worked in banking for over 18 years. She began her career as a Teller at a community bank in Massachusetts and moved into an Operational role as Assistant Operations Officer in 2006. Most recently, she worked for a National Bank in Virginia serving as Vice President & Operations Officer. She has been certified by Nacha as an Accredited ACH Professional since 2008 and an Accredited Payments Risk Professional since 2018 and received her CAMS certification in 2015. She was certified by ECCHO as an NCP in 2016 and is a Certified Trainer for the National Check Professional Certification Exam.
Recorded on Thu, Apr 21, 2022 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM EST
There are no reviews yet.